Thread: Barbagallo closed for Motorcycle Racing indefinitely

Barbagallo closed for Motorcycle Racing indefinitely

La vida es como un sándwich de mierda. Cuanto más pan que tenga, menos mierda que tienes que comer.

Now have to go further afield for my legal adrenaline rush. I do like Collie Motorplex. 2 hours away. Not so bad.

This is also looking good:

http://www.thebend.com.au/ Tailem Bend South Australia.

I don't see WASCC fixing Wanneroo up anytime soon.
    The Mexican Cabal:
    no jugar bien con los demás

Been through Tailem Bend on my Enfield on the way to TAS, its a nice spot. I was stuck there for a couple hours after I was running a bit lean and my carby blew off snapping the fuel tap off the tank. Spent a week at the Collie complex years a go. Hate to do it on a bike with all the shit that was on the road. Might be well different now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoup View Post
    Spent a week at the Collie complex years a go. Hate to do it on a bike with all the shit that was on the road. Might be well different now though.
    They do sweep the track after the idiot drifters have finished and before the bikes start. Track has also been resurfaced.
    La vida es como un sándwich de mierda. Cuanto más pan que tenga, menos mierda que tienes que comer.

Quote Originally Posted by azazl View Post

I don't see WASCC fixing Wanneroo up anytime soon.
    concur. Wanneroo is fine for them. Why would they spend their money for another group. And I won't be holding my breath waiting for the State Government to come to the party.

Looks like Collie it is.
    In theory, there's no difference between theory and reality.
    But in reality, there is.

Ironically, found to be safe by Motorsport Australia. Local activists, one driven by the death of his son, and the local Dept of Sports and Recreation headed by a footballer de ided otherwise.

Collie is a lot better now and is a smaller more technical track than Wanneroo. A lot of fun. I have run off the back at the esses, no biggie. Coming into them fast could be a problem with the wall location on the left but everywhere else is not frightening..

At wanneroo I've seen a bit of carnage. It is a lot faster which makes the walls a lot closer. I've seen crashes on turns 1/2, 4, 5 6 and 7. Coming out of 4 a bit wide on the line to 5 and the bike drifts towards the left edge of the track which is lined with concrete dimples, a bit of sand and a massive tyre wall. Crapped myself that day just staying on the track. Fly down the hill towards the basin ringed by tyres, I ease up. Bikes fly past me and screw that up and the wall is close. I've watched two bikes fail exiting the basin and get demolished hitting the sand and injuring the riders.

Come over the hill, down toward 7 well over 200, I have changed my line and start 7 wide and apex late to hold the exit close to the right to avoid the rubber and shit from the drifters across the centre. It's not a racing line. The first time I did my usual line after the drifters I shat a bit, ran up over the raised ripplestrip next to the concrete wall the Audi recently crashed into, and ran down through the start straight. Another whoops moment that could have been nasty.

I dont have a problem with riding there as I now ease up in places where a fail will be catastrophic, but someone racing? a different matter altogether. Bikes now are double the horsepower than those of the 80s and zero appears to have been done to make it safer for bikes. In fact, probably worse.

Even Darwin with a fifth of our population, have a better and safer track with great run off areas.
    The Mexican Cabal:
    no jugar bien con los demás