Thread: Dellorto Carbies for sale

Dellorto Carbies for sale

Dellorto PHM 40NS pumper carbies.

I don't know, $100 in bits. Well you have to half dismantle the stupid things to unhook the cables. Big spring pops out the top, need tiny fingers to put them back together... but Hey, they are dellorto!! You know you want them on your resto!
    or
    I'll put the shitty springs and little fiddly bits back on and you can have them for $200.

Being sold because I hate the fucking things and have put on some good carbies. So I had to take the bottom and top bits off to unhook the throttle and choke cables. Seriously CBF'd putting them back together.

Oh yeah, don't let my salesmanship put you off. They were running fine before I took them off.
    The Mexican Cabal:
    no jugar bien con los demás

Quote Originally Posted by azazl View Post
    Dellorto PHM 40NS pumper carbies.
    ... and have put on some good carbies.
    Perhaps you would define "good carbies". I had the 40mm pumpers on my Ducati 900SS and modded both of my Beemers with 40mm pumpers - made a huge difference. I must admit, when I became familiar with them I got on well with them.
    I do realize that carburetion, as an art form, improved a great deal before EFI killed them off. I quite like the TM40 Mikunis or the FCR39/40 Keihins.

PS perhaps I should remember to check the original post date in future - sorry. However, I wouldn't mind knowing what carbies people like.

I've got 2 guzzis with fcr40s. Goes better than the dellorto pumpers.

EDIT: I just noticed I didn't have any offers for these carbies. Still sitting in a baking dish in the shed.

They are actually ok on the 1000 but the FCRs pull harder right through the range. Oh yeah, I still haven't put that spring back in.

and... Price drop. I'll swap them for a decent bottle of red.
    Last edited by azazl; 11-10-2017 at 08:44 AM.
    The Mexican Cabal:
    no jugar bien con los demás