Thread: First Moto Guzzi

First Moto Guzzi

Hi guys. Joined the ranks of Guzzi ownership. Absolutely loving the 2012 Stelvio 8V! I can't believe it has only traveled 14,500km! Seems to be no valve issues that I've read about at this time. Took it for a good hit out down south (Manjimup) this weekend and it performed flawlessly.
    IMG_2266.jpg

Welcome! I see you've found your way amongst this esteemed company

If you are south a bit and want to get a little dirty, check out the tracks north of Jarrahwood.

Maybe some rocker cover guards first though, as a drop on dirt will probably crack the covers. Or pack a bit of metal putty to get you home if you do crack one.

I was down south last Friday and heading from Busselton to Donnybrook and wanted an alternate route rather than going through Capel. Paralysis through boredom.

Jarrahwood Road connects the Nannup highway with the Capel Donnybrook Road (Goodwood road, I think). It is a good condition gravel road without too many surprises, so I thought I'd pick it up. Which I didn't, straight away.

Using an old paper map the track markings around Jarrahwood don't reflect what's on the ground. So I didn't know Jarrahwood road hits the Nannup road further east towards Nannup.

So I picked up a random track that headed north from the entrance road to Jarrahwood from the highway, a couple of K's west of the township with a plan of heading north a bit then picking up what tracks I could east, ultimately joining Jarrahwood road and onto Goodwood.

The result was not exactly to plan as I headed first about 10K's northwest, before crisscrossing north and east through some quite reasonable packed sand and gravel tracks before getting back on course. It is interesting country with a mix of bush and pine plantations and a Stelvio would be quite capable through it.
    The Mexican Cabal:
    no jugar bien con los demás

Firstly, Welcone Zadok. Hope yoh enjoy your Stelvio life.

And Azazl, what were you riding through sand gravel etc????? Or shouldn't i ask???
    In theory, there's no difference between theory and reality.
    But in reality, there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Firstly, Welcone Zadok. Hope yoh enjoy your Stelvio life.

And Azazl, what were you riding through sand gravel etc????? Or shouldn't i ask???
    All good Rod. Firm sand and good gravel. Perfect for a stelvio to get out to territory it can handle.
    The Mexican Cabal:

Thanks for the welcome guys. The bike has engine and radiator guards already, plus headlight protector, heated grips. I've had a few bikes now, but got to say, this is my best yet. Absolutely loving it! The standard exhaust even sounds good to me.

That your sport parked in Cott lunchtime today Az.
    La vida es como un sándwich de mierda. Cuanto más pan que tenga, menos mierda que tienes que comer.

Nah, I know someone with a 40FCR equipped one though. Probably his. Mine is over here right now though.
    The Mexican Cabal:

Welcome to the Religion of Worship to Moto Guzzi.
    You have found God!