Thread: Looking for Gearbox Tools

Looking for Gearbox Tools

I'm looking to rebuild the 4 speed gearbox in my Ambassador, unfortunately there are a number of moto guzzi specific tools required, which I don't have. Is there anyone here in Perth with the tools to enable me to strip the box, that would be willing to loan me the tools. If there is I'm sure we could come to some agreement as to appropriate compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeMe View Post
    I'm looking to rebuild the 4 speed gearbox in my Ambassador, unfortunately there are a number of moto guzzi specific tools required, which I don't have. Is there anyone here in Perth with the tools to enable me to strip the box, that would be willing to loan me the tools. If there is I'm sure we could come to some agreement as to appropriate compensation.
    There are numerous Moto Guzzi specific tools lurking on this site. Not too sure you'd wanna take them home with you.

Quote Originally Posted by cadds View Post
    There are numerous Moto Guzzi specific tools lurking on this site. Not too sure you'd wanna take them home with you.
    Hi Cadds, I know what it's like with tools, and I'm much the same. Would be happy to take, box to tools, if that suits. Shouldn't take long to pull apart, then could come back to assemble. Take home would be my preference, as is just easier in your own workshop. I am more than happy to pay some sort of security bond plus hire, it all depends on what the owner is happy with.

I've got a couple including the output shaft socket and one that centre positions the clutch assembly but not enough for what you want to do.

Problem is, I'm one of those poor bastards burnt from experience and lack of time to help.

You'd need more than I have anyway and if you are keeping the bike time to start collecting.

If you are rich, google "rolf halvorsen" He makes several. Met him in Norway. Quality matches price though. One of the guzzi websites, this old tractor I think, has a pic of a box of the tools he makes.

EDIT:

http://www.thisoldtractor.com/guzzit...cial-tools.htm
    Last edited by azazl; 13-06-2017 at 01:34 PM. Reason: googlefoo
    The Mexican Cabal:
    no jugar bien con los demás

I resemble that remark!
    The Mexican Cabal:
    no jugar bien con los demás

Quote Originally Posted by azazl View Post
    I resemble that remark!
    Most unexpected!
    No road is safer than the one I just robbed. (Mexican Proverb)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Butterfly View Post
    Most unexpected!
    I couldn't resist!
    I would like to help out but my kit consists of a couple of shifters and some gaffa tape.