Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Midweek rides

How old is the tank? Do you get much rust in the fuel filters? I used Caswells epoxy to sort out the pinholes in an old metal tank. Suitable for our modern fuels and easy to use
    http://www.caswellplating.com.au/sto...el-tank-sealer
    La vida es como un sándwich de mierda. Cuanto más pan que tenga, menos mierda que tienes que comer.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainer View Post
    Ah, Lucas, Prince of Darkness!
    No problem, replacement parts are available these days

http://www3.telus.net/bc_triumph_registry/smoke.htm
    La vida es como un sándwich de mierda. Cuanto más pan que tenga, menos mierda que tienes que comer.

Quote Originally Posted by DavoStucchi View Post
    How old is the tank? Do you get much rust in the fuel filters? I used Caswells epoxy to sort out the pinholes in an old metal tank. Suitable for our modern fuels and easy to use
    http://www.caswellplating.com.au/sto...el-tank-sealer
    Tank is the original so 2001. Don't know yet if its the seam or possibly, and most likely, a fitting or hose underneath. I've had to replace some of the hoses since I got it 4 years ago, so that's the likely culprit.

Ah, bike maintenance, the price you pay for the privilege of being force-fed bugs.

OK, let's go again. This Friday 29th. Meet outside Kala Pub. Lunch at the Chidlow Tavern. Devious route tba.
    No road is safer than the one I just robbed. (Mexican Proverb)

Out. Shadowing someone to test Friday.
    The Mexican Cabal:
    no jugar bien con los demás

Sorry getting ready to ride over east.

Also mario worked out a charging problem with the Norge, a burnt and melted connector. Easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Butterfly View Post
    OK, let's go again. This Friday 29th. Meet outside Kala Pub. Lunch at the Chidlow Tavern. Devious route tba.
    Oh, and that was 1030...

And at 1030 it was only myself and Cadds. Excuses ranged from 1 broken leg, 2 overseas, 1 shadowing a learner, 1 doing a course, and the remainder having to work.

So Cadds and I took off, got embroiled in roadworks and detours (the first time we got lost) eventually found O'Brien Rd, and got lost again. I'm quite good at navigation on the ocean, honest. So it was lunch at the Toodyay pub. Then I remembered that Peter was meeting us at Chidlow. Oops. Anyway, the lunch was rubbish, as was the choice of beers on tap. BLT sandwich was $16, two overtoasted doorsteps all drowned in BBQ sauce. Average meal was $30. How do they get away with this? A few bikers there too.

So we hightailed it back to Chidlow, and had a whinge to Norm about it. I explained that if a pub is serious about attracting bikers, it has to have at least (one of) Coopers Pale, Guinness, or Tooheys Old on tap. Norm said he had four out of three, because he had Kilkenny too. And all his food and meat is home grown or locally farmed. Average meal about $22. The man knows how to run a pub.

Easter weekend coming up, double demerits, etc. Family stuff happening. Normal riding will recommence the week after. And good luck at Collie, Lex.

Who's up for a ride on Friday?

Thanks mate great weekend at Collie raceway didn't race but tuning day Saturday another Guzzi there Lemans 111 sorry forgot his name terrible like that. He had a ball of a time on both days. But a nice guy and really good rider on a Laverda Jota got smash on the last corner by a young dumb sod and did heaps of damage, a real shame to see a beautiful bike all smashed up and not the riders fault. I was on pickup of the downed and stopped bikes and not nice to see. Next is Trakdayz on 22nd of this month. Need to put a fork brace and quick action throttle on the black Beast before then, can feel the forks twisting under heavy braking and too awkward to get to full throttle on the straights.