Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engine mapping

Quote Originally Posted by azazl View Post
    A port(ly) winery?
    That joke should be Heritage listed. I nearly laughed my head Hoff.
    La vida es como un sándwich de mierda. Cuanto más pan que tenga, menos mierda que tienes que comer.

Thanks for all of your help.I spoke to the guy at Rics today and he told me that he updated the map on my Stone and cleaned a few connections,so lets hope I can get back on the road without any more problems. I am interested in the mapping process and how you go about mapping an engine to gain its best performance.Does anyone know where I can get some further information on the subject ?

If you really want to play around, you need an aftermarket programmable ecu like MyECU:

http://www.myecu.biz/MyECU/index.htm

The question is, what's the problem? Need more power? Don't like decel popping? cold start? Did (I'm assuming Gill's) the mechanic tell you which map was loaded? If factory it'll have a code.

The TLDR for mapping your factory ECU is google search: v7 rexxer guzzidiag beetlemaps guzzitech.

Now things may have changed in the past few years since I last looked at this issue. Like I said, I don't have a need to touch my guzzis mapping but I did use a freeware "XV tuner" for my SXV550 because the dealer here sucked (IMHO) and it was a race bike.

With freeware style tuners you are buying a diagnostic cable wired to suit the programmer's freeware. The most popular I guess is guzzidiag. Various maps are developed for different bike/exhaust combinations under various conditions.

Those maps can be easily loaded to your ECU via the supplied cable. Generally a 'bum on seat' comparison is made to arrive at the best map.

Custom maps can be developed with a lot more effort and expense - start with a dyno if following that path. Your 'bum on seat' diagnostic tool may not be good enough and you end up damaging your motor.

Notwithstanding many reportedly happy customers following the freeware path, for my opinion on that process see my earlier post. Or google a few photos of white powdery spark plugs...

Rexxer is a proprietary (I think Thunderbikes might load rexxer on request) and have a good reputation. In fact if I ever wanted to play around with tuning I'd use rexxer. http://www.rexxer.eu/e_rexxer.cfm

Guzzitech get good performance using Power Comander, a widely used add on controller. If you like PC's it is a reliable and well tested product. They also do rexxer but there are local providers for that product. http://www.guzzitech.com/

But... Getting back to the original question. It's a V7. Why?
    The Mexican Cabal:
    no jugar bien con los demás

Quote Originally Posted by DavoStucchi View Post
    That joke should be Heritage listed. I nearly laughed my head Hoff.
    We need the vino allusion thread. I tested my Freedom last night and it made me think Pure Eden next.
    The Mexican Cabal:
    no jugar bien con los demás

I don't know anything about modern guzzi's but I Did install a Power commander V to my ducati 1198 and have had great results in civilizing the duke around town and on weekends away. The system comes with two modes which allows to have one for the track and one for economy which works brilliantly on the thirsty beast and a 17 litre tank. Maps are very easy to change for the PCV and fit heaps of Vtwins. Mario is definitely a wizard it's a wonder he wasn't invited on the Harry Potter set.

I prefer the Elektronik Sasche gear myself https://elektronik-sachse.de/shopsys...n-twin-74.html. Very easy to fit, works like a beauty, from memory a choice of 7 ignition curves.
    You can even get a plug to fill the hole when you throw the distributor in the bin. https://elektronik-sachse.de/shopsys...oto-guzzi.html
    La vida es como un sándwich de mierda. Cuanto más pan que tenga, menos mierda que tienes que comer.

I picked up the Stone from Ric's on Saturday and took it for a long ride on Sunday it runs better than ever none of the issues that it had before.Thanks everyone for your input on the problems it feels good to get back on the road.

You coming for a ride on Friday Gazz? See midweek rides thread.
    No road is safer than the one I just robbed. (Mexican Proverb)

Sorry no for Friday its grankids sports carnival . Will have to catch up some other time .